Friday, November 09, 2007

Isn't it a fucker when karma is spent?

See the person you prayed on high would rot in squalor and shame
So early win the prize
And you're okay, you guess, not bad thanks for asking,
But haven't bagged the rosette, haven't a trophy to raise triumphant.

To say in passing, arms aloft and apathetic eye:
"Look. See. it was you all along,
Bad apple, not me.
I've won my reparations fair and square."

Why aren't you in a bedsit, like I pictured:
Making tea with soured milk,
Eating your cellophane cuisine alone
Touching yourself under soiled sheets as you dream of me?

Fuck your precious "love"
Your unending "commitment"
All of your abortive words
You of all people do not deserve them

You know what?
I want nothing of you
not love, certainly not love!
Getting even would be enough,
but it doesn't seem to be working out that way.

3 comments:

The Shadow Cabinet said...

Fuck me I feel for you. I think the mature thing to do would be to approach this individual and kick him in the nuts. Twice.

Mind you, you have just depressed the shit out of me - just this very afternoon I've been looking at bedsits, and there's little doubt I'll be eating cellophane cuisine alone and all that jazz. Then again, work convinced me to enter the Euro lottery - apparently there's a jackpot of £100million and the odds are only 174,000,000 - 1! I'll send some your way and then you can pay someone to do the job karma clearly isn't up to.

You'll get your rosette - I guarentee it.

boudica of suburbia said...

You needn't eat Chicken Chasseur out of a plastic tub, you're more than welcome to come and join me for a friendly drink or seven.

But first you must learn to reply to emails or I'll be havin' you!

boudica of suburbia said...

I take that last bit back, god bless VPN.