Monday, October 29, 2007

holey shit

dreaming, waking,
it doesn't seem to have disappeared
my little sandman
now fuck off
I want you gone by the time I count to ten
now closing my eyes

and open wide, good girl
but against better wishes
it still is.
unforgiving,
I'd hope you'd leave
now if i just batten down once more...

I am surprisingly indifferent
but feel every modicum urging panic
There's a hole in your fucking leg!
Maybe a nickname would lighten?
The Littlest Hole-bo?
Oh shut-up it's not even remotely funny.

I dab an antidote
touch cavity by mistake
it sucks to my fingertip
dry skin to open wound
an unenthusiastic wet smacking
my stomach turns

3 comments:

The Shadow Cabinet said...

I don't know what's going on. It's frightening. Your last paragraph makes me queasy. Hmmm.

boudica of suburbia said...

Sorry. Didn't mean to make you ill. It's a little gruesome, but healing, and not self-harming so don't worry.

The Dog of Freetown said...

Please don't apologise, as usual your writing is brilliant. You just know how I worry (;