Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wreckage

He is taking time to 'think'

I asked him to
I already know what he will say
It will not be good.

I'm being strong, methodical
DO NOT CRY
I write in caps on my hand.
And I don't.

And as my heart shatters in to a thousand shards
I keep smiling

He said he couldn't put his finger on it
Everything was perfect
But there was something that didn't fit:
Me.

I felt that fleeting perfection
but I never had a chance,
there was something missing:
Him.

If only he had loved me
I would have given him all of myself
Every last drop I would have wrung and squeezed out
for Him.

I don't want to think. Or cry. Or hate.
I just want to find oblivion in the arms of another.
And I will.
Be destroyed.

What sweet pain it will bring.
To fuck without deception
No false, cruel eye-gazing
or loving touches without love
Just raw, unfeeling, uncaring, oblivion.

No comments: