Saturday, September 06, 2008

Weird Dreams Part II

So I'm lying on this bed, right. Surrounded by photographers and agents and hangers-on. Because that's what I do, like. Being Gisele and that.

Through the window I see two dogs prowling. Rabid grey hounds, eyeing me up hungrily. I don't understand why, it's not like I'd make a very meaty meal. Suddenly everyone has left and I'm half-naked and windowless. The dogs make a run at me, snarling, I can see them baying for my blood, I can actually see it in their eyes, yeah? So I sprint out the door, sweat beading on me and stand out in the street. I can tell I'm their rabbit , but I stand still a while, terrified beyond reason, as the black one with the torn ear steps near.

Fuck. Now I'm swiping, battering with. What's this? The cardboard innards of a toilet roll? I kill one. It drops to my feet, the blood spurting-out, flowing and curling round my bare toes.

I'm running. Being pursued, feeling jaws clenching and nipping at my ankles I turn and furiously stab at the other one. I'm hitting his head hard, I hear his skull crack. In terror I turn a corner and grapple my way up a hill. I'm standing in the street in what looks like the Desperate Housewives set and noticing specks of dog's blood staining my slip, pesky stains.

A limping beast rounds the corner. It's snout is hanging off, it's scarred carcass shows the wounds of battle. I could have left it there. Walked away.

But I run back and kill it, smash it apart with the cardboard tube, leave a corpse in my wake.

10 comments:

The Shadow Cabinet said...

Damn!
Such loo-roll violence. You need to find someone to beat the living crap out of.
You need a Fight Club. Or you could go to the Dogs.
No actually come fight me - no scratching but face shots are fine.


In mine last night I saved my housemate from choking by performing the Heimlich Manoeuvre. Unfortunately it turned out he'd just been faking as a joke, and my attempts squashed his liver and ultimately killed him. His girlfriend was quite upset.

boudica of suburbia said...

All this bloodlust, we must be related dear SC.

I didn't dream last night, so maybe it's on the wane? Let's hope so!

The Shadow Cabinet said...

Woke up with a scratch on my face.
I slept alone.

Yes, I am officially a mentalist now, but at least you're recovered!

boudica of suburbia said...

Bet you're just waiting for the raven to fly through the window now.

Nevermore

Tom Chivers said...

I'd love to kill a dog one day.

boudica of suburbia said...

Could you step into my dreams? I've had enough canine carnage for a while thanks.

The Dog of Freetown said...

That shadow cabinet link that you itch, it plays tricks.

boudica of suburbia said...

Why on earth did you delete the site in the first place? That 'Dave' has your apt domain now. You've only yourself to grab stiffly by the collar and glove-slap young man.

Anonymous said...

I never deleted it silly. I never. It was always that address.

boudica of suburbia said...

I am silly, aren't I? I forgot the "the".

Quick, find a ruler, my hand is out.