Thursday, November 26, 2009

blood bath

Deep Tarocco sanguine
Flowing steadily faucet-wise
On my back I watch my toes rise and curl
Raise my hips upon my palms and point
Up to a fleckled ceiling of swirling shadows
As the candles flicker as a whisper
escapes my lips:

"The night is only a sort of carbon paper,
Blueblack, with the much-poked periods of stars"

Half in smugness for recalling the line
But most because my muscles keel
Splayed, I sink into the lapping tides
Overflowed gushing crimson makes wet
And did you know the hands are barely visible
From the bottom that is,
And that the bubbles were uniform at best
but still made an adequate beard?

3 comments:

The Shadow Cabinet said...

Define "an adequate beard." Inquiring minds wish to know.

boudica of suburbia said...

A good bubble beard must provide adequate coverage and stay firmly on the face for at least two minutes [which gives you enough time to lever yourself out of the bath -coating the floor in suds- and grin inanely in the mirror for a bit].

There's usually a bubble bra too, but the bubbles weren't abundant enough.

As you can see my maturity is unrivalled.

The Shadow Cabinet said...

Now see I think your criteria is quite good. Sometimes people get carried away and create unrealistically long beards. I favour the shorter kind, which generally clings to the face longer and gives enough time to not only make it to the bathroom mirror but to call any nearby inhabitants to witness the event.

A bra I have not made, though I've heard it's perfectly natural to experiment should I choose to. A pair of breasts I have made, many a time, but very difficult to keep those babies attached.

I've made other attachments too. I'm quite the sculptor, but there just isn't enough bath-time in the day to fully explore bubbly potential.

Maturity is a cheap subsitute for personality.