Wednesday, August 08, 2007

escitalopram dreams

    My mind is already traipsing
    Deep
    Deeper

    Into
    The lush undergrowth

    The burning shore and azure water there ahead
    I step lightly, swiftly, wanting

    To feel hot dew balls of sweat on my scarlet skin
    To feel free and alive inside
    As I sweep through the baking heat.

    Quickly, Go!
    This place is killing me.

    My heart slows
    Down, Down, Down
    If I don’t run I’ll turn to stone

    I fear I’ll never leave this place
    A monolith to failure
    A statue in an empty room

    Vines will wrap their clawing tendrils
    Once, Twice
    'Round.

    Like Medusa’s serpents, imprison me:
    Like a forgotten ruin, coddle me,
    And suffocate this dream of mine.

    4 comments:

    {illyria} said...

    wow. helluva first post, b.

    WendyLove said...

    i love this and i have felt the same. thanks for putting it into words. do write more...

    Mauser*Girl said...

    Sorry to be replying to your post here in reply to mine... the series you're talking about is "Hitler's Children", right? The Guido Knopp one?

    boudica of suburbia said...

    thankyou to everyone who popped by, I'm much obliged, cheers!

    mauser, heres the link. I don't think the series comes from a book. It is a collection of recollections of former Hitler Youth kids and an amazing array of propogandist footage from the time.
    http://web.channel4.com/history/